This Week in Luxury and Fashion is Back!
1. Eraldo Poletto, former Furla and Ferragamo, is out at Stuart Weitzman. Will he re-join Furla for the 3rd time? He still has loyal executives in the company and recently Antonio Burrello, who he recruited at Ferragamo, joined Furla as Chief Marketing Officer…
2. Tom Ford and Ralph Lauren won’t show at NYFW…is game over for the New York week despite being the city of the most powerful insider like Vogue Anna Wintour?
3. Oliviero Toscani ousted at Benetton following his unfortunate comments. Dejà vu of many years ago?
4. Hermès launched its very first make up product: a lipstick. It’s refillable and it costs 62 euros. It’s not a license (higher margins!). Is it a trailblazer in the industry?
5. Will Mayhoola expand its luxury group through new acquisitions? Will Stefano Sassi become the chief of the group leaving to Jacopo Venturini the CEO job at Valentino?
6. Apple alone sold more watches than the whole Swiss Watch industry. Time to move on, Luxury!
7. While Versace amazes by dressing JLo at the SuperBowl Halftime show, Gucci (un)dresses Achille Lauro at Sanremo Festival…à chacun sa spécialité… Winning Soundtrack: JLo “Let’s Get Loud”